Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July!

4th of July has got to be one of my favorite holidays. It seems to go non-stop with nothing but fun. Somehow, keeping the kids up until 11 pm at night just seems like the right thing to do! Especially when they get a private show of about $200 worth of fireworks, thanks to Uncle Matt!

In the slide show, you will notice pictures of the family with a pinwheel. It has become a tradition that we bring a pinwheel to Phoebe's grave every now and then. It is a nice way for the kids to "give" something to Phoebe. Emily is always wanting to save her things to give to Phoebe. I wish she could.

After we went to visit Phoebe, we went to the Montclair Picnic. Martin has been going to this neighborhood event since he was a little boy. Linda (his mom) still lives in the neighborhood so we have an "in". Thanks Linda! The whole family enjoys going every year. They get to decorate their bikes for the bike parade, then its off to eat and then the games begin! Ammon and Tyler won their first heat in the 3-legged race with Martin and me to win 1st place in the adult round! Must run in the family! Then Tyler won 3rd in the gunny sack race with Martin winning 1st place in the adult round! He even scored cole slaw for the first place prize! Right before I was about to put my camera away to leave to Wellington, it died and I had no replacement batteries! Oh well. The rest of the day was just as fun! Enjoy the show!

8 comments:

Valerie said...

So cool, bub! Love the pics and video!! Wish I was there to bring Phebes her pinwheel. Such a sweet idea!! Your kids look so cute in their shirts... nice! Thanks for posting!

ganelle said...

Love the pinwheel idea.
Glad you had a fun 4th!

Kristy Graff said...

fun! fun! fun! like your new blog page! :)

lifeonthecoast said...

Cool montage! Hubby has told me so many times of how Matt and Martin always used to practice in the days leading up to a three-legged race, for the win! :-)

Annie Carie said...

so fun!! love all the pictures!

Our Family Happenings said...

Oh cute pics Rebecca! I didn't know you guys had gone to visit Phoebe in the morning. I like your pinwheel. I guess you must have dreamed about Phoebe because she wanted you to know that she loves you and will see you again in Heaven, then you will not have to say goodbye to her. I am so glad that you guys came up to visit. It was fun to have you here for the BBQ and fireworks. Who knew that we would be getting firework ashes and shrapnel on us! Sorry we had to ditch out on you in the morning..wish I could have gone shopping with you. Maybe next time ;)

D-lyn said...

I loved seen your family fun for the 4th!
I love this holiday time too!
I love traditions!
They really bond us all close together.

DeeDee said...

How sweet. Love the pinwheel idea. Sorry I missed you when you were in Fort Collins. Love to all...