Thursday, October 2, 2008

I love fall....

I love fall. I love the way the trees change from green to red and then fall gracefully from the trees. I love the way the days are still warm, but the nights are just crisp enough to make you want to snuggle in a blanket. I love the way the kids get that excited look as they see all the Halloween decorations in the store and tell you what they "want to be". We have been trying to decide. As we were getting ready for church a few weeks ago, Ammon was styling his own hair. Let's just say, he is trying his hardest to master his wayward hair! He came to me for approval and I couldn't help but show a big grin. Here right before me was Alfalfa! This brought us to an interesting idea. What if we had our own Little Rascals for Halloween! We could have Spanky, Porky, Alflafa, and even Petey the dog (Hyrum). And of course we have our own Darla. Well, this is where my adorable daughter keeps making me giggle. She keeps telling me. "Mom, I want to be Oh My Darla for Halloween, kay? " :) Gotta love it! We will see if this actually comes to fruition.

Because life has taken an unexpected turn lately, I haven't had a chance to even catch my breath, let alone blog, or catch up on anyone else's blog. I realized that I haven't blogged Emily's 4th and many, many, many other things! Bear with me as I give you a quick recap...

Emily had her "Princess Party" that she had been asking for since her 3rd birthday, and had lots of love and attention. We went to a park that had a duck pond and even got to have Grammie come with us. I asked her what she wanted for her birthday dinner... PBJ. Okay! Easy enough! She had a great princess day!




Emily's first day of Preschool:.
She surprisingly had a hard morning. She was very somber. In fact, she really wanted to take the bear Phoebe (the bear that the kids snuggle when they miss their sister) with her to school. I couldn't even get a smile. :( After she came home, she was back to her perky self. All in all, she loves school and is a great student!





MOVE OVER PHELPS! AMMON'S COMING!

In Ammon's class they have an "Olympiad" in different subjects. Ammon has won all the possible golds so far! He is so proud. He wears them everywhere he goes, hoping someone will ask about them. Way to go Ammon!







My sweet, sweet turkey boy Hyrum. Let's just say, there wasn't much grape jelly left after he got to it. I took quite a few pictures of him, partly because he looked so cute covered in purple goo and because he was just so proud of himself. No remorse... at all... What to do, what to do? :)








I debated whether to post this picture, or the picture of Martin in his new rollerblades and Nerf gun. Did he just turn 32 or 13?!? :) He had a great pampering day with lots of "Happy Birthday" songs, cards, and loves. Matt, Kristy & fam, and Linda came over to celebrate. We had good food, company, and fun playing Matt's new present "Apples to Apples." I do believe Kristy-Lou won... we want a rematch! :)




Emily went on a field trip with her preschool to this GORGEOUS farm. I was so excited to take lots and lots of pictures. Well wouldn't you know... BOTH of my batteries were dead! I was able to catch a few pictures right before the fun started. Sometimes, I just think I am cursed!
Emily had a great first field trip and was even able to ride a horse! Hyrum took to the farm like an old pro. Sometimes I think boys were just made to be on a farm!

3 comments:

jksfam said...

That's a fun costume idea. I might just "borrow" it... Actually, my 10 year old wants to be a whoopie cushion - it was in the Party City flier, but I'm not going to pay $30 (maybe we'll imporvise something).

Our Family Happenings said...

Time sure does fly I can't believe how old every one looks espically Hyrum! I agree fall was in the blogging air. It was so fun to come down for the 'Boys' party. I accept your challenge for that game rematch. I don't think to much will change though ;)

Garity said...

Thank you for the updates! I love it when your blog shows up on my blog as having new posts! Miss you guys every time I read it!