Sunday, September 21, 2008

The announcement.....

Okay, I feel kind of dumb.... I really did NOT think that this would create the buzz that it did. I was getting people from church coming up to me and said I heard from so and so who reads your blog who said that you have an announcement. Well, now that I CAN tell, I feel a little sheepish! So here goes nothin..... I was called to be the Stake Primary President. Wow, was all I could say when I got called! For those who aren't members of my church, what that ultimately means, is I am in president for all of the leaders who teach the children in our region. I was recently released as the ward primary president in March (in charge of the children in our immediate area). I really wasn't expecting this at all. But I am excited to do it. I'm ready to get in there and do the job right! Thanks for following, and sorry for the suspense for so long!

13 comments:

lifeonthecoast said...

Yay!! How exciting! That sounds like so much fun! :-)

Linda said...

You will do such a great job! I was always so impressed how you handled that Primary. Good luck!

Annie Carie said...

How wonderful, I know you won't let "Him" down. Good luck and have fun!

Valerie said...

Bub for Pres... ha ha...

You are going to do a great job.

Love you!

ganelle said...

Wow! I'm sure you'll do a lot of training, which I know you will be great at. What other things do you think you'll be involved in?

Kristy Graff said...

i knew it was a calling! you'll be awsome at it though! and your talk was amazing today. you always inspire me though.

Our Family Happenings said...

Good luck! Too bad I wasn't in on the suspense since I was there when they called you...te he he, lucky for me! You will be awesome at your new calling. Sorry we couldn't be there to hear your talk today, I bet you did a great job! You will make a wonderful Stake Primary President, and already so excited about it, now that you have had some time for it to sink in and you aren't ready to run up and down the streets screaming ;)

jksfam said...

I haven't met you yet, but I'm sure I will soon - I'm the PP in SR Ward (Kristy's old ward - she used to be my Asst. Secretary - miss her!!!). Anyway, I found your blog from her scrapbooking post. I'm so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine what it's like. My brother died when I was 5 - he was 3 1/2, so I've seen my parents go through it. You seem like a great person and I'm glad that I will get the opportunity to work with you. Your cruise looks like it was great fun. Sorry to be so random in contacting you. Oh, and we'll miss Heather in Primary (although I'm having her sub until she is replaced!).

Garity said...

Well they definately were inspired! I am so grateful to women like you in the Primary program who help me teach my children and reinforce what they learn at home. It is a very difficult calling and I admire those who do it well.

Anonymous said...

You are going to do a superb job in your new calling!

kotterfamily said...

Your stake is blessed to have you...You will do great! I love you. Jess

Kayla said...

hey, i think we all enjoyed the blogging excitement. good luck on yoru new calling, i'm sure you'll thrive and do excellent.

Kelly and Randall said...

BUB!!!!!!! That's so awesome! I know you'll do a great job! You have the ultimate disposition for it! I love you and congratulations; what an honor!