Monday, October 13, 2008

Track-Off Fun

We had a blast at the zoo. We have been trying to stay busy on our track off and so far we have been successful. We even kidnapped dad from work to come with us.

(If you click on the collage it will make the images bigger)

Hyrum was at that perfect age where the world is opened up to him. He would constantly point his finger and "ooo" at everything.

Emily would not have anyone else pull the wagon except herself. She got many a look when people would see this little thing pulling her older brothers!

Aaron and mom had fun hanging out looking for critters in the bushes while the others enjoyed Lorikeet Adventure (you can feed lorikeets in an enclosure).

Ammon and Tyler enjoy the zoo on a different level now that they can read. They like to read the signs and learn more about the exoctic animals.

Dad enjoyed feeding his little ducklings (top right) with his yummy gummy bears.

I enjoyed taking my camera for the first time in a long time. Due to the fact that we come so often to the zoo, I would end up with page after page of the zoo. I eventually made myself leave the camera at home. Not this time. I had fun!

Below are my most favorite pictures that I took.





This last one is of a peahen and her chicks. I love how they are all gathered safely under her wings. You can't help but first think of your own children and how you want to keep them all close to you. Safely tucked away under your wings, protected from the evils of the world. And then it reminds you of the scripture that Christ says so pleadingly, "How oft have I gathered you as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and have nourished you."
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Annie Carie said...

OH fun!!

Katie said...

That looks like a fun zoo. Its great to see so many pictures of all your kids.

Valerie said...

So fun, Bub!! You are such a good mom. I love that one of that bird with her babies... So precious. What a great shot. You've got to find a way to work that into a Primary lesson...

Your family is so cute! I can't wait for you guys to come!! I am dyin' to see you here!! :)

DeeDee said...

These children of yours are the cutest ever, by far, none other will top them! I miss them! Oh yeah, and you too!

Our Family Happenings said...

Your pictures are so cute...I love how you did them! The Zoo is always one of my kiddos favorite places to go. See ya tomorrow! Good luck to us and finding some financing!

D-lyn said...

Okay I need to know how to make picture collages like that!!!
i am so in the dark about tricks to digital camera ideas... I do have a digital camera alt least.
i love that you can go to the Zoo an it is so close to you. We are so far far away now.

D-lyn said...

Okay I need to know how to make picture collages like that!!!
i am so in the dark about tricks to digital camera ideas... I do have a digital camera alt least.
i love that you can go to the Zoo an it is so close to you. We are so far far away now.

Jones said...

How beautiful!! You are amazing at photography! I'm going to make that duck picture my background. Awesome post.

kotterfamily said...

I love your pictures!!! What a fun fun day. I am very glad that you took your camera too! Cannot wait until all the cousins will be in our photos