Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Day 5 St Marten- beach





I had forgotten to mention this on the St Thomas blog. Since we were first married, I always try to collect sand from the different places we visit. I had completely forgotten about this through San Juan and right before we were supposed to be back on the ship in St Thomas. My sweet husband, knowing how much this meant to me was kind enough to risk us not being able to make it back to our ship in time, to get my sand from St Thomas. We jumped in a taxi, told him what we needed and payed extra for him to do it fast! I felt like we were on the amazing race! It didn't take as long as we expected and made it back with time to spare.

So in St Martin, I was on the ball and was going to make sure we got my sand! I think St Marten was my favorite port. The beach was really close, it had that island feel and we had a little bit more "downtime". After the zip-line tour, we ate some lunch downtown, did some shopping, and made it back to the ship in enough time to get our addiction fix in, the flowrider :) (I will do a post purely on the flowrider to give it proper props) before we had to get ready for our last "formal" night.This is the house that we are going to buy this year and officially move. Thanks honey! :) Below: It was really neat to see these two tug boats not move the ship, but the fueling barge away from the ship. It takes a lot of people to make all of this work!


3 comments:

kotterfamily said...

This pictures look unreal! What a beautiful place!

Unknown said...

Holy Cow, Bek! You look sooo much like Emily in the top picture (with rocks!) I think the hair cut is way cute by the way - even if it is the same length as Willy Wonka!

Kelly and Randall said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEE the picture of you holding the seashells on the beach. You remind me so much of Emily and when you were a little girl... almost made me cry. Your hair is so cute. Did it naturally lighten that color?! (Haha, I just saw that Sara said the same thing... but you really do look so cute and Emily-ish!)