Wednesday, September 3, 2008

St Marten-formal night and dining room

The dining room was unreal. We were able to dine on the third (top deck) and look at at the rest of the dining room. There was this huge chandelier in the center and a sweeping staircase and the furthest end. This particular night, we were in a quandary. We had seen some of our tablemates in St Marten and they double checked that we would be at dinner. They said that Wan, our waiter, said not to miss that nights dessert. We promised we would be there. When we got back to our room, however, we realized that it was the night that we had made reservations at the Chops Steakhouse restaurant for our "anniversary". Man, we really wanted that
dessert! So this is what we came up with. Our main seating was at 6 pm. Our reservation wasn't until 6:30pm. We had complete faith in our waiter that he would hook us up. We showed up to dinner as planned and shared the unhappy news that we would not be there for the whole dinner. I took some scrumptious, very sinful bread from the "bread man" and explained our dilemma. Wan checked into it, and told us to come back and he would have a plate ready for us. The reason why we couldn't have it sooner was because it was chocolate lava cake. With warm chocolate oozing out from the center. mmmmmm.... We promised to return!
















If you look above Martin's head, this is where we were seated. We felt very fancy being so high up. We enjoyed who we sat with and had some good conversations. We had everything from newlyweds, to Italians that pretended like they didn't speak very good english :), to a fun NY couple. To tie the whole package up was our great waiter and assistant. The dinners were never a disappointment.





At Chops, we were led to a quiet table in the very back with this cozy window seat. There was this gorgeous sunset that the picture didn't even do justice! We had a very romantic meal with SO MUCH FOOD! It was all very delicious and we even made it back in time to snag some great dessert and bring it back to our room. Let's just say we weren't counting our calories this night.



10 comments:

Michel Realty News said...

wow, it looks like you guys were in dream food land! How fun, and my mouth is just watering hearing about the chocolate cake! Can't wait to actually see you guys and hear even more details about your cruising adventure! Hope your migraine is gone. (This is Kristy by the way)

TK said...

SOOOOO fun, thank you for taking us all along on your GREAT vacation. I am really enjoying all of your trip!

Valerie said...

No way! You described it to me, but I didn't see it that gorgeous in my mind!! CRAZY!! You are sellin' me on this cruise thing, Bub...

lifeonthecoast said...

Oh my goodness! So much fun you two are having! You're so blessed. Thanks for taking us along. :-)

DeeDee said...

This is the happiest I have seen you...ever! I am so glad you were able to go and have the time of your lives.
AMAZING!

kotterfamily said...

What a perfect nite...Happy Happy tenth...a little early!

Kelly and Randall said...

Whaaaaaatt???? I didn't even know you guys were there. How amazing are those pictures?! I bet it was wonderful, I'm so glad you go to go on such an awesome vacation!

nelson6 said...

WOW, this looks like such a fun trip! It was really beautiful there!

Garity said...

Have I mentioned how much I love your new haircut? The color is just gorgeous too!

I am completely caught up on your blog now.

For the record, Kris and I would have done exactly the same thing you guys did when it came to those desserts. I can just see you two giggling all the way back to your room.

Happy Anniversary!

D-lyn said...

Girl your pictures are super awesome!!!
I wish I had my digital on the cruise Louis took me on. Boy was you ship big! Wow I though I'd seen grand... your's tops!