Monday, September 1, 2008

Day 4 St Thomas

We arrived into St Thomas at about 7 am. It was beautiful. It was fascinating seeing the dock men tie up this huge ship to the dock. Talk about needing to be able to parallel park! We had a great captain. I guess Freedom of the Seas is the largest ship in the world. I can believe it! Anyhoo, today was to be the busiest day for us. We had para-sailing, a gondola ride, and then onto a private yacht and snorkeling at Turtle Cove.



The parasailing was awesome! What a way to tour the island. It was our first dip into the ocean and it felt great! After we were all done, we got to jump into the ocean and swim around. Martin showed off his dives and tricks, and then we were off to the gondola ride. We must have beat the rush because when we came back down there was a huge line! When we went up we walked right on. It was interesting seeing the island from the land point of view. We did some shopping up on the top and came back down. This view is from our balcony. Martin zoomed in to the top of the bottom for the shot afterwards. This is where the gondola ride was. After the ride, we went on a yatch that only had 4 other people. It had a nice homey feel so that you are not packed into a commercial ship like sardines. We were taken to an island of St Thomas and were able to see a lot of turtles, a stingray, lots of coral and colorful fish. Martin was amazing at swimming way down and getting pictures. Once again, there are on a water camera, so you will have to wait! We had a great BUSY day in St Thomas. St Martin is tomorrow!

12 comments:

Lindsay said...

It looks like you guys have had an awesome trip! I have been wondering about you with that hurricane, but I guess you must have missed it! I'm so glad!

Jordan Family said...

you have missed it right? :) we'll keep you in our prayers...looks like so much fun! soak it all in guys...for all of us :) lots of love, summer and jace

Valerie said...

Paradise... found! Gorgeous pictures, guys! Love hearing about your amazing trip!

And happy birthday to Ms. Em!

Love you guys!!!

DeeDee said...

Awesome pics, looks like it was a great memorable experience. The kids and I had fun and I am glad I have been able to hang out with them. Glad the hurricane missed you and Tylers thoughts were way off! He's so sweet! Whenever he said the morning or night prayer, he blessed that you would be safe and come home.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY, sorry I couldn't stay and play with you!
Love to all!

Katie said...

Wow Becca! I'm so jealous! It looks like so much fun!

Annie Carie said...

I'm totaly jelous too!!

kotterfamily said...

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!!!!! What an great trip! Keep the blog coming!

Unknown said...

What fun for you. I am so happy you had a chance to do this. The children were very happy for you, and non the worse for your being gone. They all grew up a little, as it should be.
I am glad you are home, and Emily is officially four years old. What a sweet birthday party in a beautiful park. Emily's menu was great. She is a good planner.
Love,
Grammie

ganelle said...

The pictures show blue skies - I hope that means that Gustov hasn't tried to ruin your trip!

YouHaveHowMany? said...

Yes we DID miss the hurricane in every sense of the word! When we got to San Juan, St Thomas, and St Martin, we were told that it rained like crazy the day before we got to each port. The day we arrived it was crisp and fresh and GORGEOUS!!! I will blog about this a little later! Sorry I am a little behind. I will catch up more today!

Christine said...

Hi, Becca. I'm sure I'm the very last person you expected to have comment on your blog. I'm surprised too. :) This is Christine (Badger) Burk. I found your blog in kind of a round-about way and for some reason felt very compelled to keep reading.
I just have to say that I read about your sweet baby and I cried through most of it. My husband came home for lunch and I was still reading and I felt very silly. :)
We've been having some really hard times in our family lately too. I feel that while I probably don't know much of your own struggles I can at least empathize with you and cry with you. My mom lost a baby at full term too, before I was born. She doesn't ever really talk about that hardship, but my siblings and I have always felt that our sister is up there watching out for us. She is our family's special angel. I miss her though I never met her, but it's nice to know she's there.
So I guess what I'm trying to say is, someone you didn't expect is thinking of you and I hope you have a very nice trip.

Kelly and Randall said...

I have always wanted to do that! I'm so jealous!!! How do you get down once you're up though.. a reel? I'm still so glad to see hear that you got to go there... that's amazing...