Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Went to the doctor's

Here's a quick update. We met with a perinatologist yesterday to discuss possible reasons why Phoebe died. Basically... they don't know. The placenta was "normal" and she looked "normal" which means that it is highly unlikely that she had a genetic problem and that it is highly unlikely it will happen again in the next pregnancy. We also had a chromosomal test done and that was normal as well. Overall, we really didn't learn anything new, just a confirmation that they will watch me a lot closer next time. We really do have peace that Heavenly Father just needed her home. I don't think anything could have been done differently. She was too pure, too lovely to be in this world. Even still, I miss her.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Bub, I miss her, too. Thank you for letting me be there to meet her. It is one of the biggest blessings of my life to know your sweet baby. I am so proud of you, Martin and the kids. Your strength helps me so much! I love you guys!

Anonymous said...

I love you all.