Monday, June 23, 2008

Oooo Twlight!


I hosted book club at my house last week. I have to admit, I had a lot of fun putting together the party. How can you NOT go all out when you are reading Twilight by Stephanie Meyer! I realized a few things though. There are only 24 hours during the day! I had tried to cram way to many things the day of, so I had to call my friend Denise to see if she could bail me out. She saved the day! Denise helped with the Candied Apples.

Do you like our vampire stew?

Neither of us had ever made them before. Let's just say they turned out a little bit... Crunchy! Thanks Heidi for the use of your food coloring. I should probably return the rest of it to you before the monkeys find it! :)

I had a lot of fun coming up with different ideas for the book club. I ended up doing a trivia game, which in the end, we realized that none of us were true "Twilight fanatics" because we only got a handful of questions right. Let's just say, I was glad I didn't have to come up with the answers, I didn't know most of them either! It was still a lot of fun. It also brought out some interesting questions . Most of us were on the "Edward side" me included, a few were for Jacob, and some were both!


I had the most fun doing the food. Here are a couple of pictures I took. I planned on taking more, but the party was so fun, I forgot! There were 13 of us total.... spooky!


"If someone dared you to eat dirt, you could, couldn't you?"
--Edward


"Don't I taste as good as I smell?"
-- Bella


The forbidden fruit :)



Overall, it was great, and I was exhausted by the end of the night. I can't wait until August 2nd for the next book. I love this series! If you haven't read it, you should. If you need more info let me know, I will hook you up!

11 comments:

Annie Carie said...

Oh wow it looks like you had such a great time, you did an excellent job way to go!!

And I'm like you I try to do way more than is possible in 24hours.

I love the twilight books too and now after seeing this post I totally have to hoast a book club party!!

DeeDee said...

Way to go Bec!

lifeonthecoast said...

That party sounds like fun! I'll have to check out the book.

Garity said...

I could have seriously hurt my mother for getting me to read these books. She kept saying "just read the first one, you'll love it!" Well after pulling all nighters for a whole week just to finish all three I am nearly rabid for the 4th one...I will never read another book my mom tells me to read unless I have absolutely zilch going on in my life and can do nothing but sit and read it. What would have been the perfect way to wrap up reading those books...being there for your party!

Brittany said...

Good books, I am on the second one myself. Looks like you had fun!

Kristy Graff said...

you did such a good job hosting the book club and i had a blast! the apples were super yummy too! thanks for inviting me to join!

Danae said...

What fun! We also had our book club last night, and I can say our "snack" afterward was nothing compared to yours! I haven't read these books yet but I keep hearing I need to! I will have to add them to my reading list!

Unknown said...

Ooh, I want to read it! But first I have to read the next book for book club, plus I just started Lonesome Dove (which is like 800 pages long) and I borrowed a book from Lindsay and I have about 3 others checked out from the library. LOL

The cupcakes are awesome! And keep the food coloring as long as you dare--it's practically a banned substance at this house. It lives on top of the refrigerator after the last 'incident'!

ganelle said...

I prefer Jacob too! Edward kinda bugs. Plus, if she were to be with Jacob, she wouldn't lose her soul. (Minor detail!)

How fun!

Garity said...

I'm a Jacob fan too...it's the whole idea of having a boyfriend and pet all wrapped up into a nice, big furry package....a pet that doesn't need to be walked or litterbox trained and who could give you a great massage if you asked. It's a bonus that he's a gorgeous American Indian...Edward creeps me out too, not my idea of a HOTTIE at all.

D-lyn said...

I am in love with Jacob!
I wish I could have come to your fabulous party!
You really went all out for it too!
3 of my sisters and I sorta had our own book review via emails back and forth as we read them. These books are major-ly addictive huh!
Love you!