Saturday, June 14, 2008

Fun Fun Family Fun!


I finally got my way! For a very long time, I have been wanting any activity that the kids would let the kids be excited to be in our backyard. I didn't care if it was a swing set, sand box, or trampoline. Anything would be great. Well with school getting out in a week, I knew the time had come. I left Martin mowing the lawn and preparing for the "surprise" while I went in search of the trampoline.

We told the kids that if they went to bed nicely they would wake up with the surprise in the backyard. After Martin and I stayed up until MIDNIGHT setting it up, we finally got to sleep around 1 am. I had a feeling our kids wouldn't stay in bed for much longer. I was right.

5:30 am rolled around. All of the kids came to our bedroom window, peeked outside, and their faces lit up like it was Christmas morning! Let's just say, I am sure our neighbors are going to LOVE their early morning wake up call from now on!

They have been jumping all morning and my house has been mercifully saved! Hooray! Here are some fun family pictures we took.

Looking at the airlplanes and the "fluff"
(seeds falling from the trees)
Tricks from the kids



The heigth of Martin's backflip....

Sorry, couldn't end without this "normal" picture! :)

11 comments:

lifeonthecoast said...

Wheeeeeee!! :-) How fun!

Love the last picture! Looks just like my hubby's idea of a "normal" picture, too. :-)

Kristy Graff said...

oh i love it! i don't know what i would do without our trampoline, me kids live on that thing! cute pics!

JB said...

Great pictures, Bub! You've got some "skills"!

The kids had to of just freaked when they saw it! That is just perfect for your family. On warm days you can throw a sprinkler under it and watch the real fun begin! :)

Cyette said...

May you have many peaceful, quiet, orderly, calm, and ZERO-injury days!

(You're very brave, considering you barely survived The Ankle Incident of Doom!)

:)

Cyette said...

Woot! This is so brave of you, considering The Ankle Incident of Doom....Congratulations, Aunt Martin and Uncle the Bub, and may many days of peace, quiet, and ZERO injuries be yours! :)

Cyette said...

(I'm still learning how to do this...it's a generational thing...and I'm surprised there aren't 64 other versions posted)

I shall return you all to your regularly scheduled postings.

ganelle said...

So great to make it an early morning surprise. Christmas in June!

Brittany said...

Growing up we loved our tramp and played on it for hours. We even had sleep outs so get ready for that one. I am sure the kids will love it, as it already looks like they do!

Our Family Happenings said...

I am glad that you got your trampoline! That is so fun for your family. Landon and Brooklyn had so much fun on it with them too! Hopefully it will serve its purpose well!

DeeDee said...

How fun! I can just imagine those sweet faces lighting up when they looked out your bedroom window! Too cool!
Thanks for the birthday call! It was a great day and I love Phoenix and the heat!
Love to all...HAPPY JUMPING!!

Kayla said...

every penny spent on our tramp was money well spent. the kids are outside everyday and getting exercise. you'll love it!