Saturday, June 26, 2010

Rocky Mountain National Park

What a fantastic day!  The kids were incredible and the scenery was unbelievable.  We opted for the year pass to RMNP and I am so glad we did.  We could literally spend days up there!  All we got to do today was eat lunch by a bubbling river, clean up trash for our "good turn" and go up to Bear Lake and hike.  We even got to hike in the rain for a little bit.  I think the highlight for everyone was seeing the trout go upstream to spawn.  (Look closely in the upper left picture and you can kind of make out two fish that had just jumped over a little dam to go upstream!) It was the COOLEST thing I have seen in a very long time.  The kids were so excited about it, they told everyone that we passed to go check it out.  It gave Aaron quite the urge to go fishing!

All in all, a very fantastic day.  No children lost.  They all minded very well.  What a day.

(Yes it's another collage.  There were so many pictures I couldn't decide.  I narrowed it down to these.  Click on it to make it larger.)

6 comments:

Martin said...

Wow it's looks like everyone had a blast. Even Tyler's hair. :)
I'm so glad you made it up there today and that the weather didn't dampen your spirits.

Valerie said...

That is so absolutely gorgeous up there! I wish the pics were a bit bigger, but you know how I feel about that.. :)

Kudos, mom, on the fun trip!!

Linda said...

Hey! I am changing emails, I don't know if it will kick me out of your blog. Can you email me with an invite? Please? Hope you are doing well!

Linda said...

Oh, also, my new email is
lindadolsson@gmail.com

ganelle said...

beautiful! we need to take our boys up there.

raedene said...

It looks like you guys had a blast!!! I love days like that! Miss you guys!