Sunday, April 11, 2010

Why it's Mary Poppins! (Maybe she can visit my house?!)

Finally!  A night out with the boys!  I was so excited to take my three oldest to the musical Mary Poppins.  The whole car ride over I was giving them etiquette instructions and the Do's and Don'ts of going to the theater.  I was very proud of them.  They all did a really good job.

Before we went into the theater, we got a quick dinner at the same spot that Martin and I went to before Wicked.  Ammon and Aaron both got a gumbo, and Tyler and I both got sandwiches.  We even shared a HUGE hot chocolate.  Mmmm....
As for the review of the show, I really enjoyed it.  I wasn't sure what to expect.  Was it going to be a Disney movie replica?  The main songs etc were there, but some differences as well.  I think my favorite song was Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious-loved the choreography and chimney sweep song. 
Aaron was sleepy about half way through the first act, but hung on through the end.  Ammon didn't fail me because his adorable laugh came at the perfect times.  Tyler was wide-eyed with wonder and a little creeped out by the human statues.  :)
It was such a pleasure to go on a date with my great boys.

4 comments:

Martin said...

I'm really glad you had a "boys night out". It warms my heart.

Jordan Family said...

so fun! they'll never forget it Becca!

Valerie said...

First off- what great pictures! The boys look so handsome! And secondly... what a great night out with da' boys. Sum is right- they will never forget it! :)

Laura said...

STEP IN TIME!!!!

Oh, my gosh, wasn't it awesome?!??!?!??!?!?!?