Sunday, April 11, 2010

Love that Dr. Sneuss (no it's not a typo)


Dr. Seuss is being well loved at our house. Aaron is tearing through them, and Emily is exploding in her ability to read on her own. It's so fun to see the light bulb go off as she remembers words she has read before.

As for the Dr. Sneuss bit, I overheard a conversation in the back of the car between Hyrum and Emily. Hyrum: Do you just love Dr. Sneuss? Emily: (laughs) It's not Dr. Sneuss, Hyrum. It's Dr. Seuss. Hyrum: Well I love Dr. Sneuss. (A little put-out that Emily didn't agree with him.) I didn't want to correct him. It was too cute!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Ah... Dr. Suess, or Snuess, whatever. There is a special place in heaven for that man.. with a plate full of green eggs and ham. (Sorry, had to do it.)

What a precious story!

Laura said...

I've loved Dr. Sneuss since I was at least 4 years old. (That's as far back as I can remember.)

He rocks. And to think that I saw him on Mulberry Street....