Thursday, May 7, 2009

Yes, yes, I know....

I know I haven't updated in quite a while which would probably give you a pretty good indication about my life lately. Today we got the pool out, again, since we have been enjoying incredible weather. Usually when the pool is out and Ammon and Tyler arrive home from school, the first thing Tyler does is completely strip down find the nearest swim suit and jump on in with a huge boyish yell and childlike giggle as he goes down into the cold water. I always look forward to it.

Well yesterday, he came home, smiled at the younger kids, went inside and did his normal thing. Today, it was much of the same. I smiled as he walked out the door and felt a twinge of sadness that perhaps my little boy is growing up. In my mind flashed all those times he jumped in, even fully clothed at times. I filed away those memories and got ready for what was to come. But then, you know, we ARE talking about Tyler.


I am so grateful that I still get to enjoy these moments. Thank you for not growing up too fast Tyler!

4 comments:

Katie said...

I'm thinking I could have pulled out a pool today. It was nice and hot. We are so anxious for summer and swimming.

Valerie said...

that is so fun!! it is funny how the things that normally bug us become the things that we cherish later...

Katie said...

My mom was just telling me that SJHS performed "Bye Bye Birdie" last week! Took me back to the good ol' days!

raedene said...

We had a day off from school yesterday, and the kids did the slip and slide and caught bugs and ran through sprinklers... it just felt WRONG to drop them off at school this morning. It was like summer had already started! Love it!