Thursday, May 14, 2009

Ammon, the missionary


Have you ever met someone that has been give the perfect name? Our eldest has such a name. Ammon was a great missionary in the Book of Mormon.

Our Ammon has always lived up to his great name. Here is the most recent example. We were at a going away party for one of Martin's work friends. The first thing that Ammon does when he walks into the house is ask of the guests of the party if they went to our church. She said, "No." He said, "Would you like to?". She responded with a smile, "No sweetie, I am Catholic." Her 4 year old daughter heard this conversation and said, "No you're not! You are Mommy!".

What I love about Ammon is the fact that he is not afraid to open his mouth. He takes no offense when people say no, and really would like to see people come to church with him. He is a fantastic example to me.

Sometimes I think we don't open our eyes for opportunities to share what is so precious to our hearts. My goal is to be more like my child.

4 comments:

Valerie said...

This is why we have kids... They teach us so much with their clear, unbiased version of evertyhing.

We love you, Ammon!

Annie Carie said...

Awesome!

Our Family Happenings said...

Oh that is really neat! What a good little...I mean big...boy you have. Can't believe how grown up he is getting!

Garity said...

I'm amazed at what I learn from my kids and their friends. It's often humbling when they notice things I don't, when I should. My boys aren't outgoing at all (so weird since I'm outgoing enough for the entire family) but I hope they will find other ways to approach others.

Ammon was even living up to his name when I was around him!