Sunday, August 24, 2008

We finally made it!

This is a look of parents who CANNOT believe they are going away for a week to recoup and regroup. We love, love, love our children dearly. So much, that we are willing to take time for ourselves and reconnect to each other. It seems like we can be much better parents and partners when we take some alone time... BUT FOR A WHOLE WEEK??!! Woo-HOO!!! Somebody pinch me! :) We took the above picture on the train in Denver and the below picture before we boarded to Texas.



It was in the wee hours of the morning when we finally checked into our hotel.... 3:30 am!! Overall, we really didn't care that we were 2 1/2 hours delayed in Texas because of a crazy thunderstorm. We enjoyed every minute of just being able to be together. It was as if we were newlyweds, making silly jokes, flirting, snuggling,
chatting with other adults. What a strange phenomenon for me to be able to sit and do NOTHING!!! It was fabulous! At the Fort Worth Texas airport we both got a chicken salad at TGI Friday's and I must say it was delicious! It had grilled chicken with strawberries, candied pecans, raspberry vinaigrette and real lettuce, not that nasty iceberg stuff! Mmmmm....



After the thunderstorm we were treated to a gorgeous Texas sunset.
So after we snuggled in for the night we were awoken at 8:30 am by someone trying to come into our room! I think it was housekeeping, but it is still a little unnerving! We slowly got ready this morning and I made this comment to Martin. "Isn't it nice just to be able to focus on ourselves and get ready? I haven't done that for so long. I am usually getting the kids ready first and then try to do something with myself with whatever little time I have remaining." I saw a look on his face, the same time I had the realization... "Oh," I said, "you do that every day, huh." He looked at me sheepishly and said, "Yeah, I thought that. I just didn't want to say it out loud." Oh well. I am still really enjoying myself! This picture is us on the balcony in our hotel room.

Right now, we are waiting for the shuttle to come and pick us up to go to the pier. I will probably blog tomorrow so check back! We love you all!

9 comments:

Jordan Family said...

first of all...wooot!!!!
second, love the hair cut and color...it looks great on you!
third...love the matchy matchy thing you've got going on :) have fun...can't wait to see you tomorrow!!! dont' forget the rest of us living vicariously through your cruise :) love,summer

lifeonthecoast said...

You guys look so happy...and it's only day 1. :-) Your hair looks great, too. Bon voyage!

kotterfamily said...

WOWY KOZOWY!!!! YOUR FIRST DAY OF TRAVLING SEEMS LIKE IT ITSELF IS A LUXURY CRUISE!!!! How cool. Keep having fun and post it all to us land-lovers! Jes

Our Family Happenings said...

Oh, you guys look so cute together! I bet some people think this is your honeymoon...well you can just pretend it is and enjoy not having your kiddos to worry about..I am sure Deedee and Grammie are taking great care of them. Have a fun cruise and I am totally jealous of you guys! Brings back memories of our Aruba trip!

ganelle said...

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the ocean! Have fun!

Annie Carie said...

Your hair looks georgous!!! Oh I wish you guys SO much fun on the cruise!!! gook luck (crossing fingers)

DeeDee said...

Hyrum and I are sitting here reading your blog this morning! He is pointing and saying Mama and Daaaddy! He is so cute and doing great! He is happy and we snuggled this morning after all the boys left. He actually fell back asleep and didn't wake up until 9:30. The Italian creamy chicken was a hit, most everyone only ate the noodles though and just a little chicken, Ammon said, his appetite didn't want chicken! With quite a bit of coaxing and the threat of no playing after school, Aaron and Tyler finally went to sleep, oh about 9:15. They were wide awake though this morning. Ammon has been my big helper, I am thinking of paying him before I leave for all his help...seriously, I think like $5.00 or something. He keeps saying he is the man of the house and last night, as he and I watched a little of the Olympics he said is this what grown-ups do after all the kids go to bed? Too cute, he thinks he should do the same as Daddy!
Okay, now to you guys, you look great, happy, and ready for some major cruising fun. You are going to have so much fun. Don't worry about the kids, we are fine. Although, Tyler said to me last night when he was not minding and going to sleep, you are fun, a little mean and nice. I would have to say, they are not used to me saying if you don't do go to sleep (for the 10th time) you will not play after school or you lose points. Kinda sucks to be the bad guy!
Enjoy the ship today, remember the midnight buffets are awesome! Hyrum loves you and he says HI! I will have the boys e-mail you after school.

TK said...

SOOOOO FUn!! I am so glad you guys got to go. Your hair is cute, I don't know what it looked like before :) its been a while since we have seen each other :) Much Love

nelson6 said...

yay! I'm so glad you guys got to go cruising! Your hair is WAY cute Becca! Have fun!