Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Don't you hate it?

Don't you hate it when you are checking out at the store and you are waiting to pay when the person behind you stands right beside you, as if they are going to pay for it? I think there is an unwritten rule that when you are checking out, keep at least a cart length's away from the person in front of you! Have you ever been still putting up groceries and the person behind you has come up so close that you have to practically hug to get the rest up?

Last night, I was in Safeway, my last of three stores. I turned around to put some groceries in my cart and I turn back to the little pay station thingy and a dad and his teenager came and took my spot as if they were going to pay. When it came time to, I kind of shoved myself in front of them to pay. Am I the only one that gets slightly annoyed? Has this ever happened to you?

5 comments:

Annie Carie said...

LOL I'm always self conscious about that! Am I too close to the person in front of me did I give them enough space, will the people behind me think I'm holding up the line? LOL

Some people get so close behind me I have to stand next to my cart or I'll get crushed.

Brittany said...

Yes and it does annoye it. I always try to be considerate of the person in front of me and give them their space.
I think you should have let them pay for your groceries, then maybe next time they won't get so close :)

YouHaveHowMany? said...

Good! I am glad I am not the only one! I was afraid this was going to be one of those post just kind of go... okay... on to the next post... :)

Jones said...

Hahahahaha, oh Bub, the people can't help the fact that you're so magnanimous! Cute post!

lifeonthecoast said...

Oh, yes, it bugs me. I'm like, dude, you want to pay for my groceries? :-)