Thursday, July 29, 2010

Hyrumisms


There is something about Hyrum that makes you want to hang around him just so you can hear what he has to say next.  It keeps coming to me that as much as he is a wild child right now, he won't always be this wild child of energy and tornadic abilities to turn the house upside down.  In honor of my very own tornado.  I have decided to let you in on a ten things that make me so glad I get to be his mom. 
  1. After he is done in timeout I sometimes ask why he was there.  Most often he looks at me with his pretty blue eyes and says, "Mom, what did I did?"  I make him repeat his question to me one more time because it really is that cute.  Of course I have to break out my poker face so he won't see my amusement.
  2. He says the most random things at the most random times.  Yesterday it was, "Hairy chest, hairy chest." as he was walking past me and going downstairs.
  3. He has Jedi mind tricks.  Honestly, he does.  It happens anywhere from me realizing he has been watching tv with me after I have put him to bed, and strangely, I am okay with it, to when I was lecturing him and he said to me, "That's enough mom." And walks away. (I was finished speaking anyway.)  Martin overhears and quickly takes away the Jedi haze he temporarily put on my mind and I correct the situation. 
  4. He understands way more than he should.  Adult conversations that I think would go way over his head, don't and then I have to try and patch it up.  
  5. He hears phrases and then turns around and uses them in context.  Case in point:  I was sitting checking my email, when he comes in with a very sincere sweet excited expression on his face.  "Mom, come check this out!  I won something so precious!"  Well the precious thing was a trophy pig and a bus on monster truck wheels he had earned on a game.  Precious indeed. 
  6. When I tell him I love him, he says, "Well, I love you more than chocolate bunnies."  And then I retort, "Well I love you more than trains." and so it goes on and on.
  7. His laugh is to die for.  He begs to be tickled, and he doesn't have to wait long before the tickle monster emerges to finish him in.  
  8. He is a smart kid.  A little too smart.  It seems to get him in trouble more than it is helpful at this point in time.  A word to the wise.  If you have Hyrum observing your every move, caution, he will probably try to attempt the same, when your back is turned and will probably succeed.  
  9. Angels attend him.  There has been some things that Hyrum should have been or could have been seriously injured, but was not.  Example.  Exhibit A:  A steak knife.  Exhibit B:  A wall socket.  Exhibit C:  Neighbor finds steak knife on step all blackened and chucks missing in the blade. Exhibit D:  Wall socket is black and has tripped the circuit.  Result:  One lucky dude without any injury whatsoever.  
  10. His hugs, his smile, his laugh, his concern, his ability to make anyone feel better, and the chance for him to call me mom is the best ever.  
Hyrum, I love you my son.  And to answer your "What did I did" question.  You let me be your mom.  For that I thank you.


7 comments:

Martin said...

We love our Rummy-kins!

Valerie said...

So glad you wrote all this down. Years down the road you will probably still be peppered with Hyrum-isms, but they will different and more grown up.

He is the sweetest...

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

if only they didn't have to grow up! so sweet!

Annie Carie said...

So sweet!

Jones said...

Ahahaha I'm so glad I had the privilege oh hearing "hairy chest, hairy chest..." first hand!! LOL I love your little dude Bubs, he is way too cool :D!

Laura said...

I'm so glad I have access! This is going to be sooooo much fun getting caught up with all the entries I've missed!

Gosh, he's a born politician with that mind-trick thing....

:)

A. Dorable.

Laura said...

Still loving the mind trick thing the best. Priceless.