Sunday, July 11, 2010

4th of July 2010


My colorful kids and I had a great time as we always do at the Montclair community picnic.  Every year we try our luck at the three-legged races, the water balloon toss, and the gunny sack races.  Sometimes we win, sometimes we don't.  This year, Ammon and Tyler tied for 1st place against to other adult male teams for the water balloon toss, they were so excited! 
After the festivities we went to visit Phoebe.  The balloons that we got at the park that weren't popped were immediatly sent to Phoebe as soon as we got there.  Rarely do we have any balloons in the house.  They all seem to end up with their sister to play with!  


The kids played a rousing game of hide and seek, that is until I wouldn't allow them to climb on the tombstones... I know, I know, I am such a spoil sport... :)
I love this picture of Emily.  Maybe it's the Army brat in me, but it makes me well up with pride to see my flag raised by my sweet daughter.  I am so grateful to live in this free land, thanks to the many men and women who had served, died, and sacrificed so that I may live, play, and worship as I please.  A giant thank you to those who have and do serve our country.

4 comments:

Martin said...

I look forward to these 4th of July's so much. Thank you for being the wife and mother who brings the the greatest joy and happiness to our family. You are doing a divine purpose. I know live has a different meaning to you now. I love seeing the spirits of our children exploding out of their bodies. Elder Ballard said that you, Rebecca, may be nearer to God now that in any time of your life. I cherish these memory you share. You are enough!

Valerie said...

What great pictures! I love every single one! I love the hair on the boys.. what did you use? Love you, Michels!!

Katie said...

Just gotta comment on Martin's comment. So sweet. Looks like a great 4th!

Laura said...

Rainbow Brite Hair Salon. Gotta love it!!!!

Gotta love the patriotism.

Gotta love the family love with Phoebe.

Gotta whole lotta love. xoxo