Saturday, March 6, 2010

All in a day....


Do you see that cute blanket in the corner of her bed?  That was from Project Linus.  Ironically enough, I had just made some blankets for them.  What goes around comes around I guess.  Isn't it cute!  It's pretty big too!  It's the perfect wrap up and cuddle blanket, or put on the floor and romp.

Her new BFF.... the nasal canula....

The view from our Penthouse Suite:


Yesterday I couldn't handle it anymore.  Savannah needed a bath!  Because of her jaundice and then hospitalization, she has not had a bath since her first one when she was born.  Can a newborn be
grubby?  I mentioned this to the nurse and she said, "Okay, I'll order up a bath."  Not sure what that meant, but apparently we got a brand new baby tub with a sling that we can keep.  Nice huh!  

Savvy didn't do too badly with it.  She took her solace on my hand rooting away as I scrubbed her.  When we finally got her dried off and snuggled into a blanket she looked like a little bald eagle eaglet. 

 As far as an update goes, Savannah does have RSV and yesterday they are starting to think that she might have reflux as well.  They are giving her medicine to see it if that will help.  The doc today said that she is very doubtful that Savvy will be going home this weekend.  We are looking at Monday at the earliest, but more likely the middle of next week.  To all of my friends, thank you for all of the help this far... would you be willing to help some more next week?!  :)  Hyrum and Emily need a place to play from 9 am to 3pm (for Hyrum) and 11 am to 3 pm (for Emily).

Thanks again for all of your prayers, love and help!  We couldn't get through all this without you.

Kisses.

9 comments:

Our Family Happenings said...

Oh, thanks for the pictures. She looks super cute..even in the hospital, but I am sure it will be nice to get back home! I hope that she can home home healthy! Love the bald eagle picture..oh and the nick name..cute!

Valerie said...

Thank you for the pictures!! I am dying to see more! The bald eagle egglet... what a riot! That is so accurate!

I am so sorry that she is still not doing well... Poor baby.

P.S.You need to put a bow on that baby, bub!! :) Love to you!!

johnandmarysouth said...

What a sweet little girl! It reminds me of Molly's first month of life! I can help watch either or both of your kids. The only thing we have going on is preschool and I can sure help you out with that. My kids loving having people over.

deanna said...

oh what a sweet heart! and we would love to have the kids over as well, though they don't really know us...but I am available :)

I am praying she recovers fast and gets to go home!!

Danae said...

What a cutie pie! I am so sorry to that she still isn't doing to well, but we are praying for her and hope that she will be home with her family soon!

Linda said...

Cute Cute little baby! Our prayers are with you!

Garity said...

Awe, I love catching up on your blog. She is so perfect. What is it with Colorado and RSV? It seemes that both of my boys had issues when they were born there but it wasn't even an issue in Virginia with Jamison who was a Feb baby. I hope she is doing much better by now.

Garity said...

Ok, I am caught up! 26 hours of labor? So much for the old saying that the more you have the faster it goes!

Reading your blog always makes me miss you guys. At least we'll be out of Mexico and moving closer to Colorado in a few weeks! I'm taking a road trip with the kids first chance I get so we need to get the kids together!

BTW...our blog is no longer private so you can move it up to your regular list, not that I've been great about updating it but you'll still get notices when I do!

Kelly and Randall said...

I didn't know you had posted all of these posts, Bub!!!! She is too precious. I hate seeing her in the hospital though. I wish we could drive up there right now just so I could snuggle with her. I love her little bald eaglet picture!