Tuesday, March 2, 2010

To My Nine Year Old....


Tyler,
I can't believe you are nine today.  When you came to this earth, I knew right away that you were a choice spirit, so much that you were presented with a challenge from the very beginning of

your life.  I remember feeling such a strong reassurance that you would be okay as I watched you struggle every day for breath, for life.  Two weeks after you were born I brought you home.  You proved to be full of life just as you were in my tummy.  You kept me on my toes, running from one mess, to another laugh, to snuggling down for the night.  We called you "Smilely" for a reason.  Nothing that happened to you would keep you down.

Here we are nine years later and you are still that zany, crazy kid, however, there is one difference.  You have grown up so much.  Instead of being the mess maker, you have become my rock in helping to clean up the messes!  You make everyone laugh and feel good as we pull together to get things done.  You have a special way of helping people feel better as you watch to make sure they are okay.  I love your spontaneity as you make jokes, make contraptions, and you are not afraid what others think.  You are such a leader.

Tyler, today, I can't be there as I take care of your sister in the hospital, but I wanted you to know this... I LOVE YOU and I feel so blessed to be your mother.  Thank you for being understanding as I am not here today.  You are so grown up.  I can't wait to see what this next year will bring for you.
Happy 9th Birthday Tyler Ty Ty!!!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Woo-hoo! Happy Birthday, Tyler! We love you!!!

Hope you had a super special day! :)