Saturday, December 5, 2009

Georgia Here We Come!

My kids are a little concerned that Santa might not get the message that we are celebrating Christmas a day early.  Good thing I have connections!  We are leaving Christmas day to go visit "the cousins" (all 15 of them 12 and younger) in Georgia till we track back on at the end of January.  I can't wait.  With these silly contractions that won't stop and Martin with his new job, we figured we needed to have some more company.  Let's just pray that Jessica will still love us after we're gone! 

What have we been up to? (If you can survive without pics then keep reading)

Thanksgiving was nice and small.  It was just our little family with no time frame to worry about and the house was not in the least ready for company.  It was great.  The kids got to explore the turkey, inside and out, and even gave the poor thing some spanks.  We enjoyed making rolls together and the rest of the meal.  I have quite the little chefs. 

We had two birthdays:  Ammon is now TEN and Hyrum is 3!  Since when are they allowed to get older?!  Ammon is becoming quite the young man and loves to be a "baby-sitter in Training". I can't wait until he can be THE babysitter.  Two more years and I have a Young Man.... wow...

Hyrum is an absolute dream little boy.  He is my shadow day and night.  I love the way he wraps his little arm around my neck, manages to squeeze it and play with my hair all at the same time.  I haven't met anyone yet that isn't in love with that little boy.  Now if we can just get through this -into everything stage- then life will be good.  (A HUGE thanks to Kristy who took him for this entire week for help with these contractions)

I am entirely done with Christmas shopping and have it wrapped and all.  Now I just have to pack for our Georgia extravaganza!

Public Service Announcement:  There are less than three weeks away from Christmas!

5 comments:

Valerie said...

Huzzah! You blogged! I need to know more about the "spankin" turkey business... What did the poor turkey do?

Kelly and Randall said...

Christmas shopping done already?!?! I'm impressed... I haven't even started! ;)

I hope you all have the greatest time (that I know you will) in Georgia! I wish we could be there, too. I love you, Bub!

Annie Carie said...

I don't know if you know... because I'm sure every one thinks this about you, cause your so lovable... but every time I read your blog it feels so familiar like you are my sister or related and I love you tons!

deanna said...

I know what you mean about kids getting older...who authorized that!! Jordan just turned 12 and though I am dreading the teenage attitude (which is starting to reer it' ugly head) I am totally excited that I can start to experiment with him babysitting. Already I have made a run to the grovery store and the dentist (to pick up a retainer...10 mins +driving) I think the longest I have been gone is 30 mins. but it's a start for me to see how he does.

I am sorry for your contractions and I keep praying things will slow down for ou and you can be at peace. Let me know if you need anything :)

deanna

ganelle said...

YOu had all your shopping and wrapping done THREE weeks before Chrismtas??? I still have more shopping to do and it's the 22nd!!!