Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I've been WICKED!



IT WAS A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!

Thanks to my friend Jackie and her amazing husband for the tickets, we had a BLAST together.  I tried to put up more pictures, but I am really not liking the new uploading feature on blogger....
Anyway, we had a great night filled with a trolls, Fondue with no Fondue, blocks of Downtown Denver, and GREAT seats!! 

I must say, I had everything pretty much figured out except two things.  I loved how the music soundtrack takes out key words to allow the listener to not be completely clued in. 

As for the cast, I thought Ga-Linda  did a really good job, and Elphaba was the "Standby" not the lead, and not the understudy... I'm not sure what that means, but she did an okay job.  It seemed liked she struggled in the beginning and then came on really strong the second half.  Almost like the character herself.  All in all though, she did a good job.  I couldn't complain with any of the rest of the characters.

Heavens knew I needed that night out... literally.  I can't wait to go again with the Hubby on Nov. 21st!  :)

12 comments:

Rochelle said...

So jealous! I went when it was here two years ago and I have wanted to go again. I should have sucked it up and bought tickets, I guess! I'm glad you had a great time. I can't believe you get to go again in 2 weeks. Lucky girl :)

lorelie said...

We are going tomorrow night and I'm so very excited! Can't wait! I'm so glad you were able to get a night out. You totally deserve it. I hope you are doing ok...I'm a bit worried about you.

Amy said...

Wasn't it great! I went in October with my sister when she came to town. It was simply AMAZING! We had the understudy for Elphaba and she was fantastic. Makes me wonder how good the main lead is! And also makes me wonder how often she performs! LOL! My sister and I were both in tears at the end of Defying Gravity. SO GOOD!
I want to go back but probably will have to wait until it comes to town again.

kh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kh said...

Sorry, my last comment made ZERO sense, so I had to delete it.

Mike and I went in July when it was here in Phx. It WAS awesome! It's one I could see over and over again. Have fun with your Hubs on the 21st! It's the perfect date night. Luvs!

Valerie said...

I love your coat!!! So glad you got to go!! :)

kotterfamily said...

Nice coat!

kotterfamily said...

next time i need to read val's comment before i post!! That's the second time we said the same thing!

Kelly and Randall said...

I too am joining the sisters in sayin' nice coat! You look so smokin'!!!!!!

ganelle said...

SOOOO jealous! I wanted to go so badly - and there you are going TWICE?!?
I did buy tickets - but I gave them to my folks as a thank you for watching the boys while we were gone. Oh well!
Oh, and I agree, darling coat!

Martin said...

Like the coat ;)

Unknown said...

I LOVED Wicked (as you know) and can't wait till we can see it together someday!