Friday, March 27, 2009

A birthday post

I just wanted to say a giant thank you for all of the birthday attention yesterday! I can't remember a birthday where I was so loved by so many people! I wish I could post pictures, but I didn't take any! :) My day was like this:

7 am: My husband rushes out of bed to get the ritual of breakfast in bed ready. I had already chosen my birthday cereal...That's right Froot Loops with Marshmallows... the mommy in me, never buys it. But it's oh so good! As I am going in and out of conscienceness, I hear the sounds of the kids making my cards. Another tradition. I love the cakes that Emily makes, and the people that Aaron draws. I love the logical love cards that Ammon makes, and the thoughtful drawing and words from Tyler. I must say though, my favorite is always Martin's. He is so sweet when he allows himself to write to me. His spelling usually shies him away, but someday, he will realize, that is why I love him so much!

Anyway back to the morning, so among the sounds of card making, I was awoken to the smoothie machine... huh? Okay, that would be nice, I guess. Not really in the mood for berries, but sweet of him to think of me. What he came up with was this....
Of course the Martin recipe and love. Mmmmm.... I had been asking him to make this for months! So sweet! By this time, I am getting a little concerned because school was starting soon, and we all had to be there for an awards assembly. I am trying to get a game plan while I am in bed, when we got a call. It was our neighbor with a message. While I muted the phone I listened to the conversation....

All Schools - CLOSED: Due to reports of dangerous road conditions for the morning commute, all schools will be closed Thursday for the safety of students and staff.

Rock on! I said a "Woo-hoo!" (literally) and hopped back in bed like a little girl. I was actually excited to have my kids home with me, and have a snow day all day for my birthday. It was going to be good.

So I pulled out a book and relaxed while breakfast made its way to me. Breakfast, cards, songs, and love were all awesome. The morning commenced with snuggles in bed, planning for the day, and lots of lazy fun. Martin did have to work for a few hours, but would soon come home to me.

I won't bore you with the rest of the details, but let's just say this. Between the emails, phone calls, gifts at the door, DINNER from my visiting teachers, and all the birthday songs from my family, I was one busy, loved birthday girl. Thank you for thinking of me.

I will leave you with one last story...

As my visiting teacher was dropping off dinner, she asked my kids, "So how old is your mom?" They all answered matter of factly "29". I could tell by the look on her face that she was trying to decided whether that was just an age that I gave my kids so that I seem younger, or if that really was my age. I laughed and said, this is probably the only time in my life that when my kids say I am 29, it's the truth!

So far, being 29 ain't so bad.... Ask me again when I am 30!!

6 comments:

Valerie said...

Happy, happy day, Bub! I am so glad you had a special day! You deserved it! :)

Love you!

Garity said...

So cool! I am beyond jealous! I seriously paused to think if I had everything needed to make an orange julius...no OJ...bummer. That would have tasted so good right now. I can only imagine what one tastes like when it's brought to you in bed.

Gotta love Denver...snow day in March, miss them big time!

Happy Birthday!

raedene said...

Happy birthday March baby! You're on the brink of being old, enjoy your 29th! :) It all goes downhill from here! :) I'm actually totally kidding. I think it's gotten better! I'm so glad you had such a wonderdful day! You're amazing and deserve every bit of it! Love you!

D-lyn said...

how fun!
Happy birthday!
It was my littlest daughters b-day too and we loved the snow and the fact grandma came over and made dinner and brownies for us!



believe it or not my word verification is manti. Neat-O

Annie Carie said...

Oh happy birthday sweetie!!

jksfam said...

I'm glad that you had such a great birthday! I agree with Raedene - it just gets better! I'm closing in on 40 (2 years), but I'm okay with it - at least for now...