Sunday, January 31, 2010

Georgia Aquarium

Ammon, Tyler, Aaron, Aunt Valerie, my nephew Christian, and I all went to the largest aquarium in the world.  It was amazing to see so much aquatic life in such a small place, considering the different varieties they had.  We showed up shortly after they opened, and didn't have to fight any crowds.  One of the biggest hits was the petting pond with rays AND sharks!  Yes, I touched them.... pretty neat actually!

This part was astounding.  I could literally sit and watch all day long.  What I could also watch was what my kids did to get themselves "inside" without getting wet.  They would follow the aquatic life back and forth and sometimes even on their knees.  It was literally as if you were sitting at the bottom of the ocean.  Ammon kept saying over and over again, "I feel so small.  I can't believe how small I feel."  From a 10 year old who knows everything, I felt it was pretty profound to realize just how much we can't really see the whole picture sometimes.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: