Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Perspective

I was driving home one night from shopping by myself. What is it about going alone, not stressing if your kids have wondered a little too far, or saying "no" for the millionth time to something the kids want to buy, that calms the soul?

As I was coming over one of my favorite hills I caught a glimpse of this sunset. I wished that I wasn't driving because I would have just stared and stared. I DID however have my camera... so yes, while I was driving I took the above shot. Of course it doesn't do justice what I really saw but it does give you an idea.

I realized as I came down from my "high" place that I would not be able to see the big picture the closer and closer I got to home. I wanted my family to join me in what I see. It was just so majestic.

Here are the pictures that I took close to home. The last one was on my driveway.

The one by my house was brilliant enough. I love the way the sun is cradle in a bed of clouds. It was not the same view as what I had seen earlier.

It made me think about eternal perspective and how sometimes I get so closed minded in my current circumstances that I forget it the bigger picture.

President Monson said to the Young Women at last conference this: Maintain an eternal perspective. Be alert to anything that would rob you of the blessings of eternity.

I feel a constant pull to allow things to crowd in on those things truly important like reading my scriptures, going to the temple, spending quality time with my children. Nothing else should really matter more.

I would rather have the first picture than the last.

3 comments:

Jordan Family said...

love it! great perspective...and one i will try to model as well! beautiful photos too...glad you made it safely home :)

Valerie said...

what stunning pictures! It is amazing how spiritual nature is. Glad you are getting your groove back, bub.

DeeDee said...

Why is it that everytime I read something you write, I get all choked up....?
You are amazing Bec!