Friday, June 19, 2009

Perspective in hindsight

Is that even possible?

The day after I posted my "Perspective" blog, I was venting to my good friend of every thing that I had on my plate and the impossibility of giving any of it to anyone else. I just had to push through it. And then I got a call. One that made EVERY single bit of worrying I had to shame. My perspective had been clouded over again, so quickly.

A friend of mine in our ward lost her baby who was 5 months old. I posted on Phoebe's blog (link is one the right) about my feelings on all this.

Do you know how quickly that eternal perspective came into view? Immediately. All those things I was stressing about didn't really matter. Not at all.

I guess this will always be a struggle for me, to be able to see things from an eternal perspective. My youngest daughter sure helps that a lot. Thanks Phoebe.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally hear ya sis-tah! Why is it we can never keep that eternal perspective. It's a constant battle - and when it does hit us, yowza! Love you!

Jordan Family said...

it's so hard because it's almost like we have to put up a wall to keep ourselves sane in this worldly atmosphere...and to feel that eternal perspective...usually means to let that wall come down for a little while...but then i have to put it right back up just to have some type of protective wall up in the world! it's why i love to be in my home with everything unplugged...no walls needed! and the eternal perspective is everywhere i look!

Kayla said...

i'm finally getting around to reading my 'private' blogs....and i'm far behind! thanks for your thoughts on perspective...we all need some of that. thanks for being such a rock for Paula. You're amazing.

raedene said...

Thanks for the gentle reminder... I know you were talking about you, but I needed to hear that too. Thanks!

raedene said...

Becca,
I have a confession... I haven't looked at Phoebe's blog until today. I think it made me feel bad that my Josh is still here... and they would be so close in age. And, selfishly, I didn't want to read it and feel sad, and wonder what it would be to not have him here with us. Even now, as I'm totally bawling, I wonder if I shouldn't have read it. But I know that I should have, because I've been hiding from your pain, and in doing so, haven't been there for you. I'm so sorry! I promise to go there more often... You are such a strength and example to, not only those who have lost, but to those of us that worry about losing... I love you, girl! You are amazing. Not a new revelation to me, but I've been reminded of how amazing you are...