Thursday, January 8, 2009

Stone Mountain!!


We went to THE Stone Mountain... FINALLY!! Jessica has talked about Stone Mountain for years. It has always been quite mysterious for me though because I have never seen it!! Not even when we hiked it with everyone! We had so much fun hiking to the top of the huge mountain. Too bad we couldn't see it! When we got to the top, it was like we arrived on an alien planet! It was foggy with rain puddles everywhere in these larger craters. The kids loved it, especially Hyrum who was soaked through and through from jumping in all the puddles!

I couldn't help but think that the next time we do this hike how much older our children will be. It made me reflect how quickly life seems to pass us by. Sometimes I wish I could stop and hold on to the moment and look at it with different eyes. You don't realize how many moments you lost until you look back from the future.

I am so glad we seized the moment that day to do something that some thought was impossible! This was definitely a highlight of our trip.

8 comments:

Jordan Family said...

i love seeing all of the photos...now i feel like i was there...thanks for being such the camera woman :)

Valerie said...

Happy's New Here! That smooch story is a RIOT!! You can see it on their faces!! Love it!

Valerie said...

oops.. I posted on the wrong comment section. Love this pictures, too, Bub! Way to be on top of things!!

kotterfamily said...

Great post!!!! I so glad that you finally made it to Stone Mountain...now if you could only see it...next time!

Rochelle said...

Stone Mountain is awesome! My kids loved those water-filled craters, too. Did you go to the park and ride the train? Or to the restaurant and have fried pickles and sweet potatoes? YUM!

Our Family Happenings said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun! I love all the pictures..I will have to learn how to do the collage like that!

ganelle said...

For some reason, my blog isn't telling me when you have a new post up! I've been missing out for the last couple months! It's good to catch up!

Garity said...

That collage is fantastic! I am going to have to put this on our list of places to visit. My boys would have so much fun.