Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving...

We went up to Wellington this year where Martin's brother and sister-in-law hosted. It was fabulous! We had awesome food, great kids, and wonderful company. We ended up staying TWO night instead of the original one night. We stayed up till 3:30 am the first night, and then 2:30 am the following night. I think my favorite part of the whole stay was giggling at the dumbest things the second night. Great-Grandma Michel who is 87 years old stayed up till 11:30 pm playing Apples to Apples, eating cheese and crackers, and tea. She is so much fun! Thanks to her, I dethroned the reigning Queen of Apples to Apples... hah Kristy!! :)


Aunt Jan and Great-Grandma were thoughtful enough to think of Ammon and his great love of rocks. They gave him a rock set that had belonged to his Great-Grandfather. What a sweet sight to see this multi-generation enjoying the same love!





Linda also wanted a photo-op with the three granddaughters in their adorable dresses she knitted. Aren't they amazing?! They have these adorable daisys on the pockets.





The highlight of the whole weekend was when Great-Grandma taught the kids how to stand on their heads. She hadn't attempted it herself since her 86th birthday. She was able to show the famouse triangle, and then help Emily finish it. What a woman!!!



8 comments:

Our Family Happenings said...

Love the picture of Me and Matt, I look a little crazy if you blow it up! I am glad that you guys came and that we had a fun time. It was good chatting with you and staying up WAY to late..I am still recovering.

Valerie said...

Your grandma ROCKS, Martin!! Wow! If I can be like here when I am on in years I will be a fortunate lady indeed.

Love you guys!

DeeDee said...

Looks like you had fun! Cool!

Jordan Family said...

she is really such an amazing woman. so glad you got to be with so much family for the holidays...can't wait to see you guys! the countdown has begun!

lifeonthecoast said...

So much fun!! We'll have to go head to head at Apples to Apples sometime, 'cause I'm the champ on this side of the family. ;-)

kotterfamily said...

WOW-EE Bring that good old grandma down for Christmas. She is so awesome. I am happry that you all had a great Thanksgiving...it is so INCREDIBLE that we will all be together for Christmas...WOW!

Garity said...

So I completely forgot that you went private which means I don't get the updates that you have posted a new post (since mine is also private people do the same with mine) So I was going to get on your blog and say "Where the heck are you?!?!!??!?!?" only to find out I have a lot of reading to catch up on! I'll be remembering now to look in on you at least once a week to read from now on.

Annie Carie said...

LOL I just checked on both our blogs and since we both went private it has the date we went private as our last update.

On mine it says you last updated this blog 2 months ago and on your blog is says my blog was updated 3 months ago.

So don't trust that, and when you have a chance check out what my family is up to :)

love you!
Carianne Vidaurri