Thursday, October 1, 2009

What a Night!

As part of my church responsibilities, twice a year, my board and I put on leadership training for those who teach the children in our church. Last night, we had our 2nd one of the year. It went great! My section consisted of the following:




We had 4 different rotations and I had the "Arapahoe Stake Primary Resource Room". I had gone to Salt Lake City for a day trip just to go to the resource room they have there. I took a lot of pictures and based the room off those. After many hours of formatting and trying to print the papers, I think it turned out quite well. You will have to excuse the ghetto chairs. There were definitily NOT enough easels to go around so we had to improvise! :)














Okay... that was the last picture! The one above is a roller box where you can have the children or in our case, the adults, make artwork, attach it to the dowel and tape all the pictures together to make a scroll. I made 11 of these boxes, one for each ward. It was fun putting all the pieces together.

We had a really good turn out, the Spirit was there, and I think all had fun. I have GREAT ladies to work with! Now on to the Primary Programs! :)

8 comments:

Our Family Happenings said...

Okay, I am never going to believe you again when I talk to you and you say you are no where near ready for your primary stuff. Way to go, it looks awesome, and I am sure that everyone appreciated ALL the effort you went to!

raedene said...

You rock! In Primary and in Scouts. Nice job on your bear. :)

Valerie said...

Wow! I wish I could have gone... Looks great!

Annie Carie said...

That is SO awesome!!

Garity said...

Ok, you are amazing! I'd go to this even though I'm not a teacher for my calling (wait, does cub scout leader count?) You went above and beyond and I'm impressed!

Jennifer said...

Great work! You did fab!

kotterfamily said...

LOOKS WONDERFUL!!! I would have loved to been there! luv you ok I just read the comments and val said almost the same thing as I did!!

Unknown said...

What a awesome-possum idea to recreate the resource room. Ya know, when we went to temple square for the lights this month, I stood for a moment infront of the RS building and just remember - remember our quick visit and the calm before your storm. I love you Bek!