Tuesday, February 3, 2009

SALT LAKE CITY!!!!

I had to make this a quick post cause the boys are soon to arrive any minute and I want to give my full attention to them.... I will post about the best night ever as soon as I can... to give you a taste, let's just say I "met" most of Stephanie's fam, Mindy, that Osmond guy who tried out for American Idol, and I got pics and autographs! :) Stay tuned.....

A prayer was said... and a prayer was answered... my dear, sweet, incredible, generous, loving, compassionate, selfless, loyal, rocking, husband sent me away for the weekend to recoup from the daily throws of life.

Here's how the weekend went down: Friday night... caught up with Sara and fam....Saturday....Distribution center, and IKEA... Saturday night... caught the worst stomach flu EVER... Sunday... slept, visited the bathroom, went to two hours of church, where I saw Sara teach an awesome lesson AND got to meet President Monson's daughter, Sister Ann Dibb... chatted with her, you know, hung out and all that good stuff... :) She did answer a few of my "behind the scenes" questions.... afterwards, slept some more... got a blessing... slept some more.... played some games.... slept some more (sensing a pattern here?).... Woke up the next morning and felt MUCH better considering! I had the whole house to myself so I listened to great music including Wicked for the first time and scrapbooked all day. When Sara and fam got home, we got ready to go to the best part of the whole getaway... Mindy Gledhill and the benefit for Nie....




4 comments:

Jordan Family said...

just a fun tidbit...that osmond guy who tried out on american idol's name is david and his brother is elder alex osmond who just left here...after serving in our ward on his mission. we loved him! he played the guitar for our family's talent show performance :) lots of fun times with him... he got home just in time to see his brother perform :)
so sorry you got sick on your "funtime" :( glad you recovered so fast and were able to enjoy the trip!

Valerie said...

call me when you wake up so we can "discuss".

woo-hoo!

Lindsay said...

Did you get the Swedish meatballs?! They are to die for.

Kayla said...

i'm sorry you got sick! that stinks! at leats you weren't home taking care of all the kids though.....